Saugerties NY Ski Homes:
If you are planning to invest in a second home in the Catskills, you should know that there are many legal issues to be considered. Many of our clients have interests in vacation properties in places throughout Ulster County. They visit their properties only at certain times
per year to go skiing or enjoy the scenic Catskill Mountains.
Each situation is unique with its own distinct issues. We can assist with a range of
legal matters, including:
- Negotiation of purchase agreements
- Creation of LLCs for family-owned vacation property, protection from personal liability and creation of clear rules for use and maintenance of the property
- Payment and/or reduction of property taxes
- Interactions with seasonal homeowner associations
- Joint ownership of vacation property
- Vacation rentals/subletting and assignment of property rights
- Property management
- Permits/land use and zoning
As experienced attorneys, we know that legal issues can arise as a result of the ownership of a second home. Whether the issue relates to the homeowners association, or, to short term leases, we can assist our clients so that their vacation property remains an asset — and never a burden.